Sunday, November 21, 2010

poppycock, coffee talk

Poppycock, not really. It was actually quite insightful, as all conversations in coffee shops are supposed to be right? My friend and ex-classmate Alex had a brilliant idea that we try to get together once a week to discuss our understandings of the book "Mere Christianity" by da man, C.S. Lewis. Alex is kicking my butt in word consumption (nerd) but so far, so great. I am so grateful to have somebody that's so on fire about the topic right now. It's exactly what I need.

I tease with him that he's my accountant, because he literally is. He keeps me accountable on many levels, both creatively and spiritually. We share similar passions in all things design and music related (he's a designer *check out his Haiti work* and musician) but I love how we are able to relate to each other on this spiritual level as well. Just one God-loving fella, inspiring me in more ways than one. The honesty is there and I know that these accounting "sessions" will challenge us to be better human beings.

I love coffee dates with friends. Especially ones where they let me take their picture and not label it creepy... because, it kind of is. Whatever. He understands artsy attempts..

I call it "hand on miniature coffee"

Here's to accountability..and an un-manic Monday!
Cheerio, LZ

No comments:

Post a Comment