Tuesday, November 30, 2010

this chick makes me tick

what a nice long break, wouldn't you agree? My posts (lack there of) reflect it. That's right, I took a long, hard hiatus from everything social media-esque..well, sort of. Twitter and Facebook are kind of a must. Too easy. Apps for smart phones are really a terrible idea because of it...

As I always do before I go to bed, I surf the blog world for inspiration and one that I keep coming back to is miss Bri Emery of DesignLoveFest. Love her. Totally someone I aspire to be someday. Not only is she sweet as sugar cane, but her style is funk-a-licious (stripes, lace, red lips, tats and a huge red bow?..come on) Not to mention, a killer graphic designer. She also is an obsessor of typography like me AND only 24 years young, like me! Yeah, you could say she got it together.

One of her most recent works has been with RUE, an online interior and lifestyle magazine, which I've been following ever since it launched. She serves as the Art Director, of course. Talent is in no way wasted there! Check out their Holiday issue. It's only their second issue and I absolutely love everything they are doing. Chock-full of gorgeous photography and whimsical word/visual pairings. My ideal career scenario without a doubt... something about working with all kinds of different creatives under one roof that make your career so much more like a playground.

My favorite Rue Issue Two feature, mitts down, would have to be Jingle Girl Rock and the cute little vid called "Ribbons" documenting the shoot (shot at the Elvis Honeymoon Hideaway) to go along with. How..much fun...are these gals having? Nashville meets groovesters kind of Christmas. That's it. I'm mimicking. Now all I need is a cobblestone wall, a few choice friends and a good-looking DJ...preferably a scratcher of thee records. Know of any?

Chums, LZ
Bri, consider your fanciful footsteps followed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment