Wednesday, December 8, 2010

inspire my ink

as the countdown continues to a -what seems like- faster approach of Christmas than usual, I am getting super pumped for what's to come. Perhaps, what I am the most anxious for is my gift card to Blick Art Supplies. Cannot wait to get my hands on some splatterin goods. So as I have been too busy to post much this week, I have still made time to be looking for some subject-to-art inspiration. My first project will probably be a massive painting. I am trying to think of a way I can mix my styles of geometric design, subtle typography and classic photography into one piece...kind of some modern-tude.

Until I have time to post more, here's some ta-die-for prints I've been getting inspired by from Marimekko, an Finnish textile and clothing design company that's been awing admirers since the filthy 50's.

And..this real cute black & white photo of me and my lover, Franco, by the beach..


 Thx DesignLoveFest. LZ

No comments:

Post a Comment